Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pulp Feeling called Love & Dishes Pt 2



Now Dishes is the complete opposite. It’s a slow melodic song his voice is low and the singing is in a cadence as if he is talking. If someone ever said how would you describe marriage I would tell them to listen to this song. There are no elaborate metaphors made or unrealistic declarations of forever lasting love. ‘I’ll read a story if it helps you sleep at night. I’ve got some matches if you ever need a light. Oh, I am just a man but I’m doing what I can to help you.’ It’s him trying to do simple things ease even the little burdens the woman he loves encounters. The line in the song that really gets me and makes me smile from ear to ear is ‘you’ve got no cross to bear tonight.’ I think knowing that someone is willing to step up and reassure that you’ll have nothing to worry about is far more romantic than promising the moon and stars even more meaningful than I love you. This song resuscitates my belief that in the chaotic ness and yet mundane sequence of events that life puts us through that there is a thing as true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment